The Psychology of Spas and Wellbeing is the culmination of years of research in psychology, positive psychology, and the science of holistic wellbeing. The spa industry markets itself as offering holistic wellness through a variety of services intended to enhance wellbeing across body, mind and spirit. This book explores the science behind the claims of the spa industry and looks for possible applications to enhance the impact of a spa as a center for holistic healing. This book is intended for:
- Anyone from the spa industry who wants to educate themselves on the science behind the treatments and services being offered.
- Spa and holistic healing professionals who want to use the latest science to deepen their impact on human wellbeing.
- Healthcare professionals who want to learn more about a holistic approach to wellness.
- Anyone interested in a comprehensive review of the scientific literature on holistic wellness.
In this book, you will learn:
- The history, philosophy and culture of the world of spas and its role in modern society
- How to approach human wellbeing holistically, considering body, mind and spirit and the interactions between these domains
- The psychology of the spa experience and the links between psychological wellbeing and health
- The latest research from the field of positive psychology and how it can be applied in a spa or other center for health and wellness
- An overview of the research on stress and stress relief, the number one reason consumers visit spas
- The elements of a healthy “spa lifestyle” and the latest research on behavior modification and positive lifestyle change
This e-book (stay tuned for print version) is available from Amazon as a Kindle version here:
Or as a PDF (click “Add to Cart” below and then go to Shopping Cart to purchase):
NOTE: Print version is coming soon (May 2013)!!!
- Product Options
# Option Price Download Weight Stock 1 PDF E-book $24.00 The Psychology of Spas & Wellbeing 0.00 100